Learn about Thieves cleaner, which is a natural all-purpose household cleaner. And how to use this safe and effective cleaner in your home. With five boys, and numerous furry friends in our home, I can promise you that there is always something that needs to be cleaned. Young Living Thieves cleaner makes cleaning simpler, because I only need 1 bottle of this all-purpose household cleaner to clean our home. It is pet and kid-safe, which gives me peace of mind when cleaning. This also allows my boys to do some cleaning without being exposed to any kinds of toxins! Win-win!!
We clean almost every surface in our home with Thieves cleaner, and I honestly couldn’t be happier! It’s so simple, grab a bottle of Thieves concentrate and get cleaning. You can even use the concentrate for other things; like stretching laundry soap, dish soap, DIY cleaning scrubs, glass cleaner, and more! If this sounds good to you, you will want to keep reading to learn more about what Thieves household cleaner is and how to use it in your home!
All About Thieves Household Cleaner:
What is Thieves Cleaner?
Young Living Thieves Household Cleaner is made from only plant-based, naturally derived ingredients. It is an all-purpose cleaner that can be used to effectively clean your home from top to bottom. Thieves household cleaner features:
- Concentrated formula is easy to mix to create a variety of cleaning solutions for inside and outside the home.
- Rinses clean without leaving residue and is non-abrasive.
- Safe to use around children and pets as directed.
- Offsets unpleasant odors with the rich, spicy aroma of Thieves premium essential oil blend.
- Provides an effective, deep clean with the power of naturally derived, plant-based ingredients that lift dirt, pet stains, dried-on food, grime, and more.
- Infused with Young Living’s signature Thieves premium essential oil blend for a rich, spicy aroma.
Is Thieves Cleaner Toxic?
When diluted and used as directed, it is not toxic. It is safe to use around every member of your family, including children and pets. We use this on virtually every surface in our home – from highchairs to pet cages. I even use it on my plants to keep them clean, healthy, and free from pests.
Is Thieves Cleaner Worth It?
A thousand times yes! The reasons why are simple!
- Thieves cleaner is economical. Because Thieves household cleaner is sold as a concentrate, one little bottle makes approximately *28, 16 oz bottles of all-purpose cleaner! That comes out to about $0.91 a bottle! I don’t know about you, but I have never seen an all-purpose cleaner for under a dollar! (*This amount is measured by using 1 capful of concentrate per a 16 oz bottle of water.)
- Thieves cleaner works. It cleans so well, I use it on: mirrors, windows, carpet, counters, toilets, sinks, tile, hardwood, fabric, and more! It is effective at removing grime, stains, grease, and general mess.
- Thieves cleaner is natural and safe. Truly, it is a clean you can trust! There is no price to put on the peace of mind that using this cleaner in our home gives me. It is true natural all-purpose cleaner that will never contain synthetics or potentially harsh ingredients. The aroma is light and non-irritating.
What Is Thieves Cleaner Good for?
Thieves cleaner is good for cleaning your home from top to bottom! There are so many ways to use this ultra-concentrated little bottle of household cleaner! Making your Thieves All-Purpose Household Cleaner is SO SIMPLE! All you need to do is add 1 capful of the Young Living Thieves Household Cleaner concentrate to 16 oz of water in a glass spray bottle, shake to combine, and start cleaning! Use as you would any other all-purpose cleaner. Below are some of my favorite ways to use it in our home.
Top 10 Ways to Use Thieves Cleaner at Home:
- Plant Spray: Use as a plant spray to keep your plants clean and healthy. Spritz on leaves and top of soil. You will still need to water as usual. To make the cleaner, add 1 cupful of the Thieves Household Cleaner concentrate to 16 oz of water in a glass spray bottle, shake to combine.
- Clean Counters and Tabletops: Use to clean surfaces and wipe clean. Dry if desired. I clean my wooden tables and granite countertops with this everyday. To make the cleaner, add 1 cupful of the Thieves Household Cleaner concentrate to 16 oz of water in a glass spray bottle, shake to combine. If desired, add 10-20 drops of lemon essential oil for extra cleaning power.
- Clean Bathrooms: Use along with Bon Ammi (or Thieves Bathroom Scrub) to clean toilets, tubs, and showers as normal. To make the cleaner, add 1-2 cupful of the Thieves Household Cleaner concentrate to 16 oz of water in a glass spray bottle, shake to combine. (adding 2 capfuls will make the cleaner more concentrated – this may be desirable to you for bathroom cleaning)
- Clean Sinks: Spray on sinks along with Bon Ammi (or Thieves Kitchen Scrub) and clean sinks as normal. To make the cleaner, add 1 cupful of the Thieves Household Cleaner concentrate to 16 oz of water in a glass spray bottle, shake to combine.
- Deep Clean Kitchen Appliances: Spray on and in soiled appliances. Clean as normal. For extra greasy areas, check out the de-greaser on number 8. You may also wish to use some Bon Ammi or Thieves Scrub for extra dirty places. To make the cleaner, add 1 cupful of the Thieves Household Cleaner concentrate to 16 oz of water in a glass spray bottle, shake to combine.
- Clean Windows and Mirrors: Spray onto glass surfaces and wipe dry. To make the glass cleaner, add 1 capful of concentrate, 2 oz of isopropyl alcohol, (or distilled white vinegar) and 14 oz of water to a 16 oz glass spray bottle. Shake to combine.
- Clean Floors: Mop hard floors. Add a capful of concentrate to make your mop water. This works well in refillable spray mops too! Add any essential oils that you desire for extra scent. Popular favorites are lavender, lemon, and pine! Pine and lemon are especially good choices for hardwood floors.
- A Natural De-Greaser: Perfect for extra greasy areas, or cleaning inside of appliances when you want some extra suds to get the job done. Spray and wipe down with a cloth or scrubbie, repeat until clean. To make the cleaner, add 1 cupful of the Thieves Household Cleaner concentrate and 1 tablespoon of liquid unscented castile soap (or Thieves Dish Soap) to 15 oz of water in a glass spray bottle, shake to combine.
- To Stretch Laundry Soap: I use a few capfuls to triple my Thieves Laundry Soap! You can find the instructions for this money saving hack here!
- To Stretch Dish Soap: I use a few capfuls and some baking soda to triple my Thieves Dish Soap! (step by step instructions coming soon!)
Where to buy Thieves Household Cleaner:
The only place to Thieves cleaner is directly from Young Living or through a Young Living Brand Partner. You can purchase a bottle of the Thieves Household Cleaner concentrate here or you can get it in a bundle deal. My personal favorite is the Thieves Household Bundle, which has everything you need to clean your home naturally with the power of Thieves.
More Natural Cleaning Items to Have in Your Home:
- Bon Ammi A great, inexpensive scrub for toilets and sinks. Great to use in combination with Thieves cleaner.
- Baking Soda It can be used to deodorize many spaces and items. Used in many DIY cleaning recipes.
- Distilled White Vinegar It’s great for making natural laundry softener, reducing strong odors from fabrics and carpet and more.
- Castile Soap A must have for making your own natural hand soaps. I prefer to get the un-scented so that I can use essential oils for whatever aroma I desire and avoid any possible added fragrances.
- Lemon Essential Oil* Lemon is one of my top 10 favorite essential oils, and for good reason! It is amazing at neutralizing odors and removing sticky residue. (To learn more about the benefits and uses of lemon essential oil, see my blog post here.)
- Pine Essential Oil This is great to add to your mop water if you enjoy that “pine-sol” aroma! Only this smells like real pines and won’t give you a headache or make your breathing difficult.
- Thieves Kitchen & Bath Scrub* If you want a ready-made scrub with the power of Thieves, then look no further. I especially love this for porcelain sinks and stainless steel. (I even use this on extra dirty pots, pans, and casserole dishes! It really saves me some elbow grease and time!)
- Thieves Dish Soap* A non-toxic and natural dish soap that effectively cleans dishes and greasy surfaces.
- Thieves Vegetable & Fruit Soak* An easy way to wash the toxins and germs off of your produce.
- Thieves Laundry Soap* The best natural laundry detergent, and it makes an effective carpet cleaner for your electric machines.
*You can get these products, and more, for a discounted price in the Thieves Home Bundle here!