Are you looking for some extra support in soothing and healing irritated skin? This Skin Soother essential oil recipe has been super helpful in our home. It has specifically helped our young son manage his eczema flare ups. The three essential oils in this recipe are gentle and well-known for their skin health supporting benefits. This recipe is quick and simple to make; it literally takes minutes to complete! It is important to note that the therapeutic benefits of essential oils come from the constituents within the plant. Therefore, it is important that the constituents are retained in the process of manufacturing the essential oils. To learn more about what constituents are, you can read my short post here. Before we get into the recipe itself, I would like to share why I chose these three essential oils.
Essential Oils for Skin Soothing Support:
This essential oil recipe has a woodsy floral aroma that is soothing to the senses. Now gather all your supplies and let’s get started!
Skin Soother Essential Oil Recipe Supplies:
1. Open your 10ml glass roller bottle.
2. Add 10 drops of each essential oil. (lavender, patchouli, and geranium)
3. Top off with carrier oil of choice. Be sure to leave room for the roller bottle fitment.
4. Secure roller bottle fitment and lid.
5. Gently shake to combine the oils.
6. Roll onto irritated areas 1-3 times a day.
Note: if using this for young children, you may want to use 5 drops of each essential oil in the recipe. This will make it more diluted and gentler.