One bowl pumpkin cake recipe anyone? This recipe only uses real food ingredients that you probably already have in your kitchen. I love how simple it is to throw together; and my entire family loves this recipe! One big mixing bowl of pumpkin batter goodness poured into a 9X13 inch dish, baked, and done! Of course, you will certainly want to dirty up one more bowl for the delicious cream cheese icing that puts the finishing touch on this delectable pumpkin cake! This pumpkin cake turns out thick and moist, and does not have an overwhelming taste of pumpkin and spice. Even non-pumpkin lovers enjoy this dessert. This is the perfect, simple dessert to make for the first cool day of the fall season or to add to your Thanksgiving lineup! Are you ready to make it?! Here are all the ingredients that you will need to make this festive pumpkin cake from scratch:
Pumpkin Cake Ingredients:
Pumpkin Cake Batter Ingredients:
- 2 cups unbleached all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups pure cane sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 16 oz can of pumpkin
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup of olive, avocado oil, or melted butter
- ½ cup milk
Cream Cheese Icing Ingredients:
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 stick butter
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
(Because I get many requests for where I get my supplies, I have made as many of the supplies as possible clickable in the directions for your convenience.)
Pumpkin Cake Recipe:
1. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
3. Now add in the wet ingredients: pumpkin, eggs, and oil. Mix until the batter is thoroughly combined and smooth.
4. Butter a 9X13 glass baking dish. (this particular embossed dish appears to have been a limited edition; but my local Publix has it in stock, so keep an eye out if you love it.)
5. Pour pumpkin cake batter into the buttered dish. Smooth and spread out the batter evenly.
6. Bake it in the preheated oven for about 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out of the cake clean.
7. Remove the pumpkin cake from the oven and allow it to cool completely on a cooling rack.
8. While the cake is cooling, remove the cream cheese and butter from the refrigerator and let them come to room temperature. This usually takes 2-3 hours. They will be soft when they are warmed up.
10. Once it is smooth, mix in the powdered sugar 1 cup at a time. Continue to mix until the cream cheese icing is completely smooth and creamy.
11. Spread the cream cheese icing gently and evenly across the fully cooled pumpkin cake.
12. Cut, serve, and ENJOY! (Store any leftovers in the refrigerator.)
Other posts that you may enjoy for the Thanksgiving season:
- Learn how to make Simple Beeswax Candles that will add a cozy ambiance to your Thanksgiving table.
- Find the perfect Fall & Winter Essential Oils for Diffusing in your home during the holidays to keep everything smelling fresh.
- Find some new Children’s Thanksgiving Books to read to the little ones as you celebrate the day.
- Use this Honey Wheat Bread recipe to make two dozen fresh rolls for Thanksgiving.
- If you are still looking for a Thanksgiving sweet potato dish, look no further than my delectable, real food Sweet Potato Casserole.