Gluten-free apple crisp is the perfect quick and easy recipe to enjoy during the fall season. Serve alone or with vanilla ice-cream!
This recipe can’t get much easier! Too busy to make your own apple-pie filling, but still want to enjoy this fall comfort desert? Don’t worry, I have you covered with this recipe! I totally “cheat” and use pre-made apple pie filling, but I redeem myself with the delicious crumbly topping. If you have children, this is a recipe they will love to join in on! I can’t wait for the warm, cinnamon and apple scent to fill my house……. let’s get baking!
Don’t forget to make your favorite warm beverage while it’s baking! Happy fall!!
Anne reveled in the world of color about her.
“Oh, Marilla,” she exclaimed one Saturday morning, coming dancing in with her arms full of gorgeous boughs, “I’m so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers. It would be terrible if we just skipped from September to November, wouldn’t it? Look at these maple branches. Don’t they give you a thrill—several thrills? I’m going to decorate my room with them.”
~ Lucy Maude Montgomery (Anne of Green Gables)
- 2 cans of apple pie filling (Comstock Simply Apple Pie Filling is my favorite)
- 1/2 cup Rolled Oats (Bob’s Red Mill makes certified gluten-free)
- 1/4 cup Gluten-Free 1:1 Flour (Bob’s Red Mill)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup brown sugar – packed
- 1/4 cup nuts – optional
- 1/2 stick salted butter- room temperature
How to Make Gluten-Free Apple Crisp:
1: Into a 9 inch pan, add the 2 cans of apple pie filling, and evenly disperse with a soon.
2: In a small mixing bowl, add: rolled oats, gluten-free flour, brown sugar, and cinnamon. Stir to combine.
3: Add the butter to the dry mixture. Cut in butter until it resembles coarse crumbs.
4: Stir the nuts into the crumb topping.
5: Evenly sprinkle the crumb topping over the apple pie filling.
6: Bake in a 375 degree oven until bubbling and golden - approximately 30 minutes.
7: Remove from oven. Serve warm if desired. Enjoy!
Other posts that you may enjoy for the fall season:
- Learn how to make Simple Beeswax Candles that will add a cozy ambiance to your fall decor.
- Make this delicious Homemade Pumpkin Cake, sure to please all ages.
- Find the perfect Fall & Winter Essential Oils for Diffusing in your home during the holiday seasons to keep everything smelling fresh.
- Enjoy some warm Pumpkin Spice Muffins, sure to brighten any dreary fall day.
- Cozy up and read our favorite Apple Themed Children’s Books together.
- Find some new Children’s Thanksgiving Books to read to the little ones as you celebrate the day.
- If you are craving a sweet potato dish, look no further than my delectable, real food Sweet Potato Casserole.