Are you looking for a luxurious and all natural facial serum essential oil recipe that supports skin health and adds a glow to your complexion? Then this Glow Facial Serum recipe is for you! It is completely natural and so simple to make! I personally love to use this facial serum on my face first thing in the morning. This is a great way to soothe and nourish my delicate facial skin before starting my day. I also find this facial serum to make an excellent make-up primer! It is quick and easy to make; it only takes a few minutes to mix it up. This Glow Serum recipe uses four common multi-use essential oils, and some Jojoba oil (or oil of your choice) in a glass dropper bottle! Jojoba oil makes a fantastic base, since it is suitable for all skin types. Before we get started, let’s take a quick look at how these essential oils support skin health!
Essential Oils for Glowing Skin Support:
- Geranium Essential Oil provides skin cleansing benefits and promotes healthy, youthful looking skin. (For more about the benefits of geranium essential oil, see my post here.)
- Lavender essential oil is calming to irritated skin and may help reduce the appearance of blemishes. (For more about the benefits of lavender essential oil, see my post here.)
- Frankincense essential oil promotes healthy skin and may help to reduce the appearance of uneven skin tones.
Choose a Carrier Oil:
- Rosehip Oil: This is a wonderful anti-aging oil that is moisturizing, regenerating, and toning. Rosehip oil is suitable for normal, dry, sensitive, blemished, and mature skin types. It contains vitamins A and C, as well as antioxidant properties.
- Jojoba Oil: Mimics your skin’s natural sebum and is soothing, conditioning, healing, and moisturizing. Jojoba oil is suitable for all skin types; normal, dry, oily, sensitive, blemished, and mature. It contains vitamins E and B.
- Argan Oil: Supports aging, damaged, and scarred skin. Argan oil is suitable for normal, dry, oily, blemished, and sensitive skin types. It contains vitamin E, omega fatty acids, and is high in antioxidants.
- Sweet Almond Oil: A popular choice for carrier oils, it is soothing, nourishing, moisturizing, and rich in vitamin E and oleic acid. Sweet almond oil is suitable for normal, dry, sensitive, blemished, and mature skin types. It contains vitamin A and monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Apricot Oil: Another popular anti-aging oil, it is rejuvenating, moisturizing, healing, and supports skin elasticity. Apricot oil is suitable for normal, dry, sensitive, blemished, and mature skin types. It contains vitamins A, B, C, and E.
This lovely essential oil glow serum has a woodsy floral aroma reminiscent of taking a walk through the woods in spring. Choose a carrier oil and gather the supplies below and let’s get started! (Feel free to mix carrier oils too!)
1. Open your 1 oz glass dropper bottle.
2. In the 1 oz glass dropper bottle, add 10 drops each of Lavender, Frankincense, Patchouli, and Geranium essential oils.
3. Add and top off with the organic oil of choice.
4. Secure dropper top and gently shake to combine oils.
5. Apply several drops of the glow serum on your face 1-2 times daily. (I find 7 drops to be the perfect amount for me) Enjoy your homemade Glow Serum essential oil recipe!