Are you looking for essential oils for seasonal support? Does pollen and seeds have your sinuses in a tizzy? This post has you covered!
Seasons change, and sometimes it makes our bodies go a little crazy. All those allergens blowing through the air and landing on everything and up everything isn’t always the best combination for some of us! Does any of the following sound familiar to you?
- Itchy, sneezing nose
- Watery, itchy eyes
- Dripping sinuses
- Congested sinuses
- Throat irritation
If any of these describe you, did you know there are quite a few essential oils that can support your body during these times?! It’s true! BUT it is important to remember that if you want an essential oil to support your body, and not merely smell good, you must use quality essential oils that have been properly grown, harvested, and created. This is why I only use, and recommend, Young Living essential oils – they check all the boxes!! To learn more about what makes them the best, visit my blog post here.
Let’s look at some of my favorite essential oils for seasonal support. And then I will share some recipes with you, so that you can support your body naturally during seasonal changes
Essential Oils for Seasonal Support:
Peppermint: Has a cool, crisp, minty aroma. It offers sinus support, as its aroma is very opening.
Lavender: Has a calming floral aroma. It is very calming to the entire body and acts as a natural anti-histamine.
Lemon: Has a bright, fresh, citrus aroma. It is naturally detoxifying and helps dry things up.
Copaiba: Has an earthy, woody, calming aroma. It is a powerful natural anti-inflammatory.
Geranium: Has a fresh, green, floral aroma. It offers circulatory support.
Eucalyptus Radiata: Has a fresh, clean, energizing aroma. It offers respiratory and sinus support.
These are some of my personal favorite essential oils for seasonal support! YES, there are others too. But this is my tried and true list. All these essential oils are also safe for children. Keep reading for my favorite diffuser blend and roller bottle recipes.
Seasons Changing Diffuser Blend:
- 5-10 drops lemon essential oil
- 2-4 drops lavender essential oil
- 1-2 drops peppermint essential oil
Add the appropriate amount of drops to your diffuser size, then add water and start diffusing this sinus loving blend. Your entire body will thank you!!
Sinus Roller Recipe:
- 5 drops geranium essential oil
- 5 drops lavender
- 5 drops eucalyptus essential oil
- 5 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops copaiba essential oil
Directions: Roll on the sinuses every hour. Using caution around eyes!
Pollen/Seed Roller Recipe:
- 10 drops lemon essential oil
- 10 drops lavender essential oil
- 10 drops peppermint essential oil
- 10 drops copaiba essential oil
Directions: Apply around the ears and down the sides of the neck 3 times a day, or as needed.
Roller Bottle Instructions:
1: Gather the essential oils from the recipe above, a 10ml glass roller bottle, and fractionated coconut oil.
2: Open the roller bottle.
3: Add the essential oils and the amount of drops listed in the roller recipe into the roller bottle.
4: Top off the roller bottle of essential oils with fractionated coconut oil.
5: Secure the roller top and lid, then shake gently to combine.
6: Follow the directions under the recipe and enjoy!!
Bonus: Internal Support
If you are looking for more targeted, internal support. I highly recommend the following supplements for supporting your body if it is suffering with seasonal allergies:
- Ningxia Red – is an amazing antioxidant that supports overall wellness and helps the body detoxify all the yuck. Plus immune boosting vitamins and minerals!
- Allerzyme – This product is formulated for people with dietary and environmental sensitivities.
- Life 9 – Gut health is crucial for a healthy, well-functioning body. Life 9 delivers 17 billion live cultures from nine beneficial bacteria strains.
- Super C – Supports normal immune, respiratory, and circulatory function with vitamin C, rutin, citrus bioflavonoids, and minerals.
Shop for all the products listed above through my Young Living referral link here!!
Extra Tips with Starter Bundle Oils:
- Coughing got you? Roll a little Peace and Calming essential oil blend on your throat!
- Post nasal drip driving you crazy? Roll a little DiGize essential oil blend on the back of your neck!
The best way to get started with high quality essential oils is to grab a Young Living Premium Starter Bundle! It contains 5 of the essential oils listed above (a total of 12 plus extra goodies) AND a diffuser is included! Get yours here!!
Use the referral link above to grab a starter bundle, and I will send you some roller bottles and other happy mail to get you started on your essential oil wellness journey!! Just let me know that you want rollers when I send you your welcome email. (Simply reply to the email! Plus, I would love to hear from you!!)