I was always looking for the best natural laundry detergent, and after years of searching, and trying many different brands, I finally found THE ONE! I had heard others rave about Thieves Laundry Soap, but I thought maybe it was just hyped up; plus I thought it was too expensive. Then I found out about a simple hack that can be used to triple it – that is when I decided it was time to give it a try! It’s been almost 3 years since I bought my first bottle, and I have never looked back! As a mom to five sons, and a wife to a man who works outside everyday in the sticky south, I wash more than my fair share of laundry each week LOL! From icky sweaty work clothes, to cloth diapers, to messy little boy clothes, Thieves Laundry Soap has outperformed any natural laundry detergent I have ever tried – it truly has been the best natural laundry detergent ever for our family!
What makes Thieves the best natural laundry detergent?
Thieves is made with clean, natural ingredients
Thieves Laundry Soap is potent, plant-based, and ultra-concentrated with pure essential oils and powerful enzymes to effectively clean your clothes and leave them refreshed with a light citrus scent. It is safe and gentle enough to be poured directly onto clothing as a pre-treatment. Formulated with gentle, plant-based cleansers that are safe for sensitive skin. Did you know that conventional laundry soap is a leading cause of skin allergies and irritations? The toxic chemicals found in them can affect our skin, immune system, hormones, and more in our bodies. Thieves Laundry Soap is always free from dangerous ingredients, such as:
- Synthetic Perfumes
- Optical Brighteners
Thieves Laundry Soap is a straightforward clean with no surprises and no synthetics. Every ingredient is shared right on the back of the bottle! (Side note, does your laundry detergent disclose all the ingredients used? If not, that is a tell-tell sign that it contains toxic chemicals.)
Thieves washes your laundry clean
Thieves laundry soap washes your laundry and gets it clean. Now you may be curious why it’s called a soap instead of a detergent. The simple answer is that laundry soaps are derived of natural, biodegradable ingredients, and detergents are made from synthetic chemicals. Some synthetic ingredients in conventional laundry detergent leave a coating on your laundry after washing; natural laundry soap rinses out more completely. Thieves laundry soap contains enzymes and essential oils to naturally fight stains and odors. Plant-based surfactants work to wash out dirt and grime from the fabric.
How to use Thieves Laundry Soap
- Follow garment care label instructions.
- Add clothes.
- Start the machine and add the proper amount of soap for standard load: 1/2 cap for conventional washer / 1/4 cap for HE washer. (Use more, as needed, for large or heavily soiled loads.)
Where to buy Thieves Laundry Soap
Well, the only way to buy Thieves Laundry Soap is directly from Young Living. There are a couple of options to purchase it. You can purchase a single bottle of laundry soap here. OR my favorite route is to grab the Thieves Home Bundle which has everything needed to start cleaning your home naturally. This bundle includes both the Thieves Laundry Soap and Thieves Household Cleaner that you need for the tripling hack below! You can purchase and see everything included in the Thieves Home Bundle right here.
How to make your bottle of Thieves Landry Soap last longer
Y’all, one little bottle of Thieves Laundry Soap lasts our family of 7 a solid 3 months! That is amazing and so economical. Remember that I hack that I mentioned at the beginning of this post? That is the reason it lasts us for so long! And I will show you how to do it too! All you need is:
- 21 ounces of warm water
- 2 cupfuls of Thieves Household Cleaner
- 10 ounces of Thieves Laundry Soap
- Add any desired essential oils for an extra scent boost. (Optional)
- Add the above ingredients into your 32 ounce bottle in the order written above.
- Secure lid and gently shake to combine.
- Allow to rest for 12 hours before using.
Other natural laundry care ideas:
- Homemade natural fabric softener is so simple to make! All you need is distilled white vinegar; add some essential oils in if you would like. Lavender is a favorite for many, but the choices are endless! (If you’re interested in learning more about lavender, you can read my post on the benefits and uses of lavender here.)
- Wool dryer balls in place of dryer sheets. Again, you can add some essential oils to your dryer balls if you would like some extra scent. The wool dryer balls just need to be 100% wool, they don’t have to be the super duper expensive ones. I use these wool dryer balls.
- Natural laundry booster for extra nasty loads or keeping whites white. I like to use this Super Washing Soda.
- Hydrogen peroxide for stains on whites. This is a great one for any kind of stains in underwear. Spray directly onto the stain, then wash as usual. I do this all the time for my potty training toddler.
- Sun laundry for stubborn stains. This works best when you lay out the laundry to dry in the sunshine. The UV rays break down the molecular structure of the stains. (Tip: add a little lemon juice for an extra stain-removing-boost before you set the item out into the sun.)
I hope this post was helpful for you! If you have some more natural laundry tips, please share them in the comment section below!