Do you struggle with acne? Maybe it is just an occasional pop up or a constant struggle. Either way, this recipe is for you! This Acne Roller essential oil recipe is perfect for spot treating problem areas or acne spots. I personally love using this to spot treat any acne that pops up on my face. I love that this has only pure and natural ingredients and is not irritating to my sensitive skin. This will only take you about 5 minutes to make and it only uses 3 essential oils! Let’s take a quick look at why these 3 essential oils are great for acne.
Essential Oils for Acne Support:
Now that we’ve gone of the skin supporting properties of these essential oils, here’s what else you will need to gather. Next, I want to go over a few carrier oil choices- you can choose the one that makes the most sense for your skin.
Choosing a Carrier Oil:
- Rosehip Oil: This is a wonderful anti-aging oil that is moisturizing, regenerating, and toning. Rosehip oil is suitable for normal, dry, sensitive, blemished, and mature skin types. It contains vitamins A and C, as well as antioxidant properties.
- Jojoba Oil: Mimics your skin’s natural sebum and is soothing, conditioning, healing, and moisturizing. Jojoba oil is suitable for all skin types; normal, dry, oily, sensitive, blemished, and mature. It contains vitamins E and B.
- Argan Oil: Supports aging, damaged, and scarred skin. Argan oil is suitable for normal, dry, oily, blemished, and sensitive skin types. It contains vitamin E, omega fatty acids, and is high in antioxidants.
- Sweet Almond Oil: A popular choice for carrier oils, it is soothing, nourishing, moisturizing, and rich in vitamin E and oleic acid. Sweet almond oil is suitable for normal, dry, sensitive, blemished, and mature skin types. It contains vitamin A and monounsaturated fatty acids.
- Apricot Oil: Another popular anti-aging oil, it is rejuvenating, moisturizing, healing, and supports skin elasticity. Apricot oil is suitable for normal, dry, sensitive, blemished, and mature skin types. It contains vitamins A, B, C, and E.
Choose a carrier oil and gather all of the other supplies listed below. Then you’ll be ready to make this roller recipe and start supporting your skin’s healing process!
Acne Roller Essential Oil Recipe Supplies:
1. Open your 10ml glass roller bottle.
2. Add the following drops of essential oils: 20 drops geranium, 10 drops lemon, and 10 drops manuka.
3. Top off with carrier oil of choice. Be sure to leave room for the roller fitment.
4. Carefully secure the roller fitment and lid.
5. Gently shake to combine the oils.
6. Spot treat acne, or roll onto problem areas, 1-3 times daily.
Note: Use caution around eyes and nose. If you will be in the direct sun for an extended amount of time, please consider that lemon essential oil is photosensitive. This means it may cause areas of application to sunburn more quickly/easily.